While choosing a host for your website, the amount of bandwidth you pick can be a very important deciding factor for your future success. The traffic that could be driven to your website depends directly on the amount of web hosting bandwidth you choose. A very common question that keeps disturbing your mind is probably: “How much bandwidth do I need to draw a decent amount of traffic to my website?” Various companies have a different bandwidth which they offer to their customers in a planned scheme. There are there very much crucial and most important things that should be kept in mind while selecting bandwidth for your web site. These are as follows:
- You must have a proper estimation that what is the actual size of each page on your website or how much bigger the pages in your site are?
- And secondly an approximated value of the number of people who are going to visit your site on a daily basis.
- Whether you are hosting large files, photos and videos also do matter to help you decide how much web hosting bandwidth you actually need for your website.
How to calculate how much bandwidth you need to your website?
Either to compute these things or to have a rough estimation you can carry on a simple mathematics’ calculation. You can add the sizes of every picture of/on your website and also you can add up the total page’s HTML file’s sizes with this. Then multiply the total result with the number of visitors you wait for to view that particular page of the website on a monthly basis.
The added or summation result of the images on your site plus the sizes of the web page’s HTML files will help you evaluate some information of how much web hosting bandwidth you need for your website.
This could be widely illustrated as / with an example:
Imagine you have 12K pictures in a single page of your website. And the measurement of the HTML file is 3k. Then the total summation comes to 16 K data on that every page of your web hosting account. Then multiply the whole result of 16 K with the number of visitors or views you estimate or expect to view that particular page of the website in a month. Say for example you desire for 2,00,000 (that is almost 200k of visitors) visitors per month. Also the amount of data that you wish to transfer from/for that page in a single month would be 3.2G of data. Now multiply this number by the total number of pages your website has. Then you will know how much bandwidth your actual website needs or demands for.
This is true that the more is the bandwidth the more is the traffic that will be generated or drawn to your site. But the same time you should not forget that the more is the bandwidth the more is the costing for that. So you can think of some tips and tricks that can help you save some band width for your web site. These tips or so-called tricks are underwritten:
- Keep your page’s sizes or lengths the smaller you can. This means that the HTML file sizes should also be smaller. Also try to reduce the picture’s graphics and image’s sizes. It is also suggested to use the JPEG image format for pictures and photos. And also use the GIF graphics format for saving the graphics.
- Do not store or save on your site. This means you can replace the actual images with the image URL in your < IMG SRC> tag.
- Usage of Cascading style sheets (CSS) can be a great help for you in order to save your web hosting bandwidth. CSS are specially designed to decrease the sizes of the HTML files. The very advantageous aspect for CSS is that it features values of the HTML elements or commands at the beginning or starting of the page. Whereas others repeat them throughout.
Web hosting bandwidth is also known as data transfer. Bandwidth could be explained as the entire amount of data that could be uploaded or downloaded from a particular web hosting account web site. Generally, bandwidth is measured in MegaBytes and GigaBytes. The uploading and downloading of data are calculated for a particular month in a web hosting account. If we put it simple than it could be said that web hosting band width is the deciding factor and allowing element that helps to prevail or boost the occurrence of traffic amount into a web site’s web page.
This traffic is generated or passed in between your website and any other site in the web world or in the world of internet. Discussed at the beginning of the article is the fact that various companies offer various options for choosing a particular amount of bandwidth for your site. The amount of web hosting bandwidth a company would be able to provide or produce depends on the factor of network connections. A company can provide only that much of web hosting bandwidth that is determined or decided by the network connection (which includes both the form, that is, external to public internet services and internal to the data center).
There are a number of small business websites whose requirement or need for the web hosting bandwidth is very minimal. It is approximated that small business sites demand less than 1 GigaByte or so bandwidth on a monthly basis. In case your web site has static web pages, then you can continue with a low bandwidth for your web hosting account and this will also draw a smaller and little amount of traffic to your web site. So it is advised to calmly decide your web hosting bandwidth since your requirements dictate your preferences and choices.